Top High Performance All-season Tires
All season performance tires are commonly found as the stock configured tires on most vehicles that are on delivery today. The reason for the success and popularity they enjoy is, as a result of the function they seek to fulfill; a jack of all trades tire that provides a middle ground solution through functionality similar to the other season specific tires.
If you are looking for a high performance all-season tire, then you most likely know how confusing it can be in finding the tire that fits your tastes and needs, as well as your vehicle. Which model offers the best acceleration and cornering power? Which has the best handling and traction in all weather conditions? What about comfort, treadlife and warranties?
Whether the roads are dry and cracked or slick with rain and even in cases where there is light snow, all-season tires will provide you with increased stability and ride comfort to weather through the elements. With the number of all-season tires prevalent in the market, we have compiled a list of the best all season performance tires to help you pick the right one.
Our list of the 2020 Top 10 High Performance All-Season tires is designed to help you make your best decision. This list is based on several factors including our own experience and reviews and comments from other tire owners.
1) Yokohama Advan Sport A/S
The Yokohama Advan is an all season offering that features a specially designed tread pattern for amazing traction on all surfaces, which in turn, allows for greater cornering and handling ability. The design technology also manages to provide amazing ride comfort all year round, making you truly enjoy your drive.
Due in part to its excellent year-round traction and handling, it’s easy to see why the Advan Sport A/S is consistently rated as one of the best high-performance AS tires today. Yokohama has built this model to deliver more than capable cornering stability even as the tire is pushed to its limits, as well as outstanding braking and acceleration performance. The ride is quiet, and treadlife has proven to be much better than average for a performance tire.
- Asymmetrical Tread Pattern
- Compound structure offering Long-life
- Shoulder block technology
- Offers improved traction
- Tread design makes for quiet driving experience
- Unparalleled ride comfort
- Unsatisfactory performance in snowy conditions
2) Goodyear Eagle Sport All-Season
If budget is an issue, but you still want a well-balanced high-performance tire, the Goodyear Eagle Sport is a solid choice.
The Goodyear Eagle Sport is an economical all season tire that offers performance matching the more expensive offerings. Its price does not have a negative impact on its features, as it provides great traction and handling ability that are akin to the more expensive options available in the market. The tire offers great braking ability making it one of the best all season performance tires.
This is a tire that provides sure-footed grip on all types of pavement, while delivering the kind of steering response and feel you want from a performance tire. The lower cost makes this tire an excellent value for the money.
- Tire compound enhanced with silica gel that offers increased life-span
- Tread design improves performance in snowy conditions
- Rim protector built into the tire
- Great braking ability at high speeds
- Allows for precise handling
- Noisy and loud, which impacts driving pleasure
- Visible performance lapse on wet surfaces
3) Continental ExtremeContact DWS06
The newly updated Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 is truly a tire for all seasons. Traction and handling on dry, wet or snow covered road surfaces is excellent, and among the best in class. Continental has also further improved braking and cornering performance, as well as increased the steering response and feel. It’s topped off with a 50,000 mile tread warranty. The DWS06 is simply one of the best performing HP all-season tires available today.
The Continental Extreme Contact, with its state of the art design offers an aesthetically pleasing tire, which does not hinder its ability to perform well in all weather conditions. The Extreme Contact’s performance in mud, snow, and rain, coupled with crisp handling allows the driver to experience outstanding performance.
- Groove design that improves all weather performance
- Mileage Warranty for 50,000 miles
- Quickview technology allows the ability to gauge performance and tire level
- Superior handling in all conditions
- Hydroplane resistance, improving performance in rain
- Tread design offers a quiet driving experience
- Tire not as long lasting as marketed
4) Michelin Pilot Sport A/S3 Plus
Released in early 2016, the Michelin AS 3+ has upped the stakes in providing high performance all-season driving. Using the same technology as their Pilot Sport summer tire, the AS3 Plus delivers some of the best traction, handling and cornering grip as you’ll find in any tire. The ride is comfortable and this model is backed by a 45K mile tread warranty.
The Pilot Sport series of Michelin tires are widely regarded for offering great design that offers high performance. The Pilot Sport A/S3 plus is another great addition to the series. A tire purposely built for high performance sports vehicles that will be able to extract the steering and braking ability that it provides to the fullest.
- Contact Path Technology offers greater grip
- Silica tread compound allows for better breaking ability
- Excellent steering ability in dry weather
- Ride comfort
- 45,000-mile warranty
- Poor performance in snowy conditions
5) Firestone Firehawk AS
The Firestone Firehawk AS truly deserves its place on the best all season performance tires list. Firestone has crafted a remarkable tire that allows your vehicle, whether a sedan or even a high end, to achieve outstanding performance in all weather conditions with highly responsive steering and acceleration. The tire enhances the vehicle’s performance and allows the driver to experience a comfortable and enjoyable ride.
Firestone’s newest addition to the UHP all-season lineup is certainly worthy of a top ten placement. Released in 2016, the Firehawk AS delivers excellent dry traction and handling, while it’s grip on wet pavement is among the best in class. Cornering grip and stability is very good on this tire, and the treadlife has shown to be better than many similar models. This is simply a solid overall performing tire.
- Tread design allows for greater handling ability
- Channeling allows for water dispersion improving performance on wet surfaces
- Biting edge on the tread to improve grip on snow
- Great performance in wet conditions
- Outstanding cornering ability
- Tire susceptible to get noisy with time
- Poor performance in snow
6) BFGoodrich g-Force Comp-2 A/S
With the g-Force Comp-2 A/s, BFGoodrich has created a tire that allows a normal sedan’s handling and acceleration to match that of a sports car.
Known for their line of high performance tires, the new for 2015 COMP-2 A/S has upped the limits for how well UHP AS tires can perform. BFG has added their racing tire technology to give this model outstanding dry/wet grip, as well as excellent steering response and feel. The ride is comfortable and road noise is not an issue. A 45K mile tread warranty is also provided.
- Tread block technology offers greater performance on dry surfaces
- Suspension system allows for increased ride comfort
- Contact patch feature allows improved handling at higher speeds
- Amazing handling and control on dry surfaces
- Ride comfort and great handling at speeds
- Performance on ice and snow leaves a lot to be desired
7) Pirelli P Zero All Season Plus
The Italian manufacturer famous for its tire designs for sports and high end luxury vehicles makes a deserved appearance on the best all season performance tires list. The company with the P Zero All Season Plus provides a mid-range offering that performs well, even on a middle-range sedan.
Using advanced polymers and increased amounts of silica in the tread give the Pirelli P Zero All Season Plus excellent grip on dry or wet pavement. This model features more nimble handling and cornering grip, while also providing a ride quality that is not harsh or uncomfortable. It’s simply one of the top tires in this category.
- Silica compound structure allows for great performance on wet surfaces
- Designed to reduce noise output
- Great handling during sharp cornering
- Improved grip on wet surfaces
- Lack of noise on all surfaces makes for an enjoyable drive
- Poor performance in ice conditions
8) Falken Pro G4 A/S
While you may be mildly surprised to see Falken on the list, the truth is this Pro G4 A/S is simply an excellent model that deserves a spot in our top 10. Priced economically, the Falken Pro G4 A/S is an all-weather tire that offers great performance to be achieved from your vehicle. The compound structure has allowed for visible performance gains to be delivered to the driver.
It has the type of traction, ride comfort and treadlife that drivers look for in an HP all-season tire. In addition, the price is among the lowest in this class.
- Silica compound structure allows for improved handling
- Shoulder design on tread aids in steering
- Great handling on dry and light snow conditions
- Reasonably priced
- Tire becomes very noisy at high speeds and during braking and cornering
9) Nitto Motivo
The Motivo from Nitto Tires is one of the newest high performance all-season tires on the market today. With the Motivo, Nitto has designed a tire with numerous technologies such as alignment indicators, ribbing for greater stability, and tread design for greater performance in dry conditions. This combination of technologies allows it a position on our list of the best all season performance tires.
It delivers impressive grip in the corners that is similar to some of the better summer driving tires. Steering control and braking are excellent, as is the riding comfort this model provides. Nitto includes a 60,000 mile tread warranty, which is among the best of any tire in this class.
- Added straight line stability
- 60,000-mile warranty
- Siping technology that allows for better traction on wet roads.
- Great grip on dry surfaces
- Design allows for greater breaking control
- Tire is prone to producing a lot of noise
- Poor performance on wet road
10) Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric All-Season
The Eagle F1 is the second Goodyear tire that makes an appearance on our list of best all season performance tires. This is an indication of the class of tires that Goodyear makes in the all-weather category. The offering, using the F1 moniker, is the perfect tire for a sports car and even a high-end luxury vehicle.
With its unique dry and all-season tread zones, the Eagle F1 Asymmetric All Season is one of Goodyear’s top performing models. You’ll find some of the quickest steering response among any tires in this class, and the traction in wet or winter conditions is excellent. A 45,000 mile tread warranty is also provided.
- Treadlock technology allows for greater handling in turns
- Tread design improves cornering at speeds
- Excellent performance in wet conditions
- Tire performs well in snowy surfaces
- Tire gets worn out easily