Best Off Road Tires
Best Off Road Tires 17 inches:
- Falken Wildpeak M/T : The Falken Wildpeak tires are rated for severe snow service, have an excellent load rating, and stellar customer reviews. They can frequently be found with steep discounts, making them a solid choice in budget 17-inch off-road tires.
- Toyo Open Country M/T : Toyo’s Open Country M/T offers an aggressive tread pattern that’s perfect for mud and backcountry driving.
- BFGoodrich Mud Terrain KM2 : BFGoodrich Mud Terrain tires are one of the best-selling models on the market, and for good reason. Despite the price, the tires are a great value, and even sport attractive old-school white lettering.
Best Off Road Tires 18 Inches:
- Toyo Open Country M/T : No surprise here. The Open Country M/T is a solid tire at a great price. Since they’ve been on the market for a little while, they can frequently be found with steep discounts in place.
- Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ Mud-Terrain : With perfect customer reviews, an aggressive tread pattern, and legendary off-road abilities, the Mickey Thompson tire should be on everyone’s list.
- BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM3 : The Mud-Terrain T/A MK3 tires are rugged enough to take you far off the beaten path, but remain smooth enough to provide plenty of comfort on the highway.
We chose the tires above for their ability to provide traction and stability in harsh off-road settings. We also focused on selecting tires that achieved at least a four-star customer rating, and chose to bypass tires with few or no customer reviews.