Best all terrain truck tires
What is the best 4×4 all-terrain tire on the market? Different models can claim this title and offer solid performances on dry and wet pavement, in snow, in mud as well as on rough terrain.
To help you choose among the different tires available, blackcircles Canada has compiled for you 10 models that are among the best all-terrain tires on the market: happy shopping!
1. BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2
Capable of withstanding the most extreme weather conditions and approved for winter use, the BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A K02 is the toughest off-road tire ever offered by BFGoodrich. Featuring CoreGard technology derived from the proven Baja T/A KR2 rally tires, it is able to deflect sharp objects that could damage the sidewall. It also includes a thicker rubber compound, a tread pattern that distributes stress more evenly as well as locking 3-D sipes.
- Rated for severe snow
- Maximum stability on snow, mud and harsh terrains
- 80,000 km limited mileage warranty
2. Pirelli Scorpion All Terrain Plus
The Pirelli Scorpion All Terrain Plus tire is an all-season all-terrain tire certified for winter and designed for light trucks, crossovers and SUVs. Its rugged tread is designed to resist lacerations and tears, and its conical stone ejectors help evacuate debris from the tread, which also helps limit the risk of damage.
It also provides a quiet, smooth ride and outstanding traction on all types of surfaces.
- Unrivaled snow and mud traction
- Outstanding grip and stability
- Wear resistance and an 80,000 km warranty
3. Toyo Open Country A/T III
The Open Country A/T III off-road tire fully deserves its place in our Top 10 best off-road tires! With its sturdy construction that increases resistance to bruising, large lateral grooves that minimize the chance of hydroplaning and exceptional off-road traction with staggered shoulder lugs, this Toyo tire will give you the best value for your money.
- Exceptional grip in snow and mud
- Winter approved
- 3D wave sipes reducing the risk of uneven wear
4. Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac
The tread of the Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac tireoffers all the bite you need to regularly tow heavy loads, which makes it perfect for work trucks. Its increased grip, ride quiet and exceptional off-road traction in mud, dirt or snow make it a most attractive tire choice.
- Improved grip in winter driving conditions
- Optimal traction no matter the road conditions
- 80,000 km Tread Life Limited Warranty
5. General Tire Grabber A/TX
Designed for SUVs and light trucks, the General Tire Grabber A/TX is a studdable tire certified for winter and offering exceptional off-road capabilities. In addition, it provides a quieter ride thanks to its sound-absorbing ribs and DuraGen Technology, which provides superior cut and chip resistance. And its larger footprint helps prevent uneven tread wear.
- Full depth sipes promoting optimal snow traction
- Outstanding durability
- Warranty of 80,000 km to 96,000 km
6. Yokohama Geolandar A/T G015
The Yokohama Geolandar A/T G015 tire features biting edges to provide maximum traction in all seasons, even in winter. Its Enduro rubber compound makes it more resistant to wear, allowing you to rack up more mileage; it’s also very sturdy and resistant to the cuts and abrasions that can occur during off-road driving.
- Winter approved
- Treadwear Limited Warranty of 80,000 to 100,000 km
- Outstanding all-terrain capacity
7. Cooper Discoverer A/T3 4S
Among the best 4×4 off-road tires is also the Cooper Discoverer A/T3 4S, which features a 5-rib tread pattern that enhances off-road driving capability. Whether the road is dry, wet or snowy, you can count on this tire to give you solid performance. The unique shape of its deep center grooves reduces the risk of aquaplaning while its zigzag sipes increase traction.
- 105,000 km Treadwear Protection
- Excellent value for money
- Superior wet traction and handling
8. General Tire Grabber APT
A winter-rated off-road tire, the General Tire Grabber APT offers exceptional reliability in all circumstances, even in deteriorating road conditions. Resistant to cuts and chips, it has a remarkably long tread life. Finally, its Comfort Balance Technology reduces noise and isolates your vehicle from road disturbances.
- Staggered grooves and traction notches for enhanced off-road performance
- Full depth sipes that provide solid grip on snow
- Long tread life
9. Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 3
The Bridgestone Dueler A/T REVO 3 tire has a 100,000-kilometre treadwear limited warranty and features saw-toothed grooves that increase tread block stiffness for enhanced wear resistance and unmatched traction performance. In addition, the Bridgestone Dueler A/T REVO 3 features staggered shoulder lugs for better wear resistance and optimal traction. Resistant to tears and wear, its aggressive tread pattern provides outstanding traction even on difficult terrain.
- Lateral grooves that reduce the risk of hydroplaning
- 100,000 km treadwear limited warranty
- Solid off-road performance